We want to hear your ideas! We want to read your scripts! Bottom line: We want your submissions! Be sure to send them to us in .pdf format at SDPoneactfestival@yahoo.com. But, be sure to read the guidelines first!
Here they are:
All submissions must be original, unpublished one act plays of 20 pages or less.
Submissions must be received by email by November 1, 2014, and sent to SDPoneactfestival@yahoo.com
Any submissions not adhering to the following guidelines may be eliminated from consideration. So, be sure you read carefully!
Stage Door Productions will collect a ten dollar fee for submission. It can be collected here online by clicking on this link. This fee covers up to two submissions.
- All scripts must be received electronically via email in .pdf format.
- All scripts should include a short bibliography of the playwright to be considered for evaluation and used for publication on our website, in programs, and publicity materials.
- Playwrights will be notified via email when their manuscript is received.
- Scripts should include:
- A separate title page with name of the playwright, address, telephone number, and email address
- A cast of characters with descriptions
- A brief synopsis
- Numbered pages
- Playwrights should not submit more than two pieces to be considered per festival year.
- Playwrights will be notified by February 1, 2015, if their play has been selected for production.
- One act submissions selected for production will be listed on our website.
- All production and publication rights remain the property of the playwright.
- Stage Door Productions shall have the right to produce several scripts without payment or royalties.
- Production will be at the discretion of Stage Door Productions.
- Only stage plays will be considered. Musical, film, or TV scripts will not be selected for production.
- All submissions must be original and unpublished.
- Scripts will be judged on concept, dramatic action, characterization, cast size, and dialogue. Technical requirements will be noted.
- Critical analysis or feedback will not be provided.
- Playwrights should be aware that the size of our stage is limited. There are no opportunities for elaborate scene changes.
Please consider our audience and do not send sexually explicit or gratuitously violent scripts.
Prizes will be awarded: Six plays shall be selected for production in April 2015. Of those six selected, one will be selected to win the Grand Prize of $150 and one will be selected to win the runner up prize of $100 and of the remaining four, one shall win an audience favorite prize of $100 to be determined by the audience attending the festival performances. The Grand Prize winner will be invited to attend the festival with room and board paid and the opportunity to participate in a discussion as well as a question and answer session during the festival weekend.
Alright, got it? Then, what are you waiting for? Let’s see those scripts! Don’t forget the deadline for receipt is November 1, 2014.